Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Awkward Moment Three: When you wear an article of clothing straight from the dryer and a pair of underwear is balled up inside the sleeve.

You know what is extremely awkward? When you spend an entire day with a pair of underwear inside the sleeve of your sweatshirt. You were rushed that morning and quickly pulled out a sweater from the dryer, and obviously didn't think to check inside the sleeves in case some socks or underwear tumbled in there. Oh, what a mistake.

This happened to me a few weeks ago, and I FINALLY noticed during the last block of the day at school. I felt something lumpy in my sleeve and was just about to whip it out when I thought I'd better check what it was before revealing it to the whole world. So I'm sitting there, looking around sketchily, and trying to casually take a peek inside my sleeve. Oh, it wasn't just any pair of underwear. Nope, it was a bright purple stripy thong. Just awesome. I could feel myself getting flushed and embarrassed, despite the fact that nobody had any idea of the little dilemma I was experiencing. My thoughts were frantic, "What do I do now? How do I stealthily get this out of my sleeve?" Sure, there are probably tons of logical ways to solve this problem but I was thinking a bit irrationally at that point. I ended up sticking my arm inside my backpack and inching it slowly out of my sleeve, all while trying to carry on a conversation with a guy in my grade. Luckily he had no idea what was going on. Even more luckily he can not read minds, or else he would have been seeing a lot of potentially disastrous scenarios involving me putting my hand up to ask a question in class and my stripy purple underwear flying across the room and everyone pointing and laughing. People may be under the assumption that awkward situations must involve more than one person. Nope, not true. That was my own little awkward experience that was a secret to everyone except me. It left me feeling very awkward and sketchy and not too sure what to do with myself. AWKWARD!
-Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment