Sunday, February 20, 2011

Awkward Moment Twenty One: Trying to act normal around a good looking person/seeing someone outside of school.

Well. That’s quite the title.
Why am I so awkward? I apparently cannot be normal around anyone slightly good looking. It sucks.
So, I went to the dollar store with my mum and grandma. We took our time looking around. I was babysitting later that night so my mum told me to look for something to bring for the kids. I don’t know if it’s only my family, but whenever we go to the dollar store, or anywhere with cheap prices we end up spending a fortune! So anyway, we spent at least a good hour looking around because my grandma has a sponsor child in Africa and she wanted to get him something. My mum and I didn’t plan on buying anything besides whatever I chose for babysitting yet she somehow managed to get a couple armfuls worth or stuff. Then she was done. There were two tills open. One with an old lady, and the other with someone very good looking that goes to my school. Great. I tried to send messages through my mind to my mum to go to the old lady! Lets just say I don’t have that kind of ability. She strolled right on over to Jason’s till. I try, I really do, but I can’t help but be awkward. Unlike Mia, I didn’t try to hide. I smiled and squeaked a hello. I could feel my face flush to a bright shade of red. I’m pretty sure the whole town could hear the sound of my heart as well. He was nice enough, I just can’t control myself. Especially with small talk. It's the worst! Anywhooo, then he told us the total and my mum handed him one of her MANY cards. Credit, debit who knows what it was, but they don’t accept it! My mum didn’t bring any other money so we had to pack up our stuff and put it all back. Uhhhhhg. So awkward. Then I had to go find my grandma and ask her to buy the toys I chose for babysitting. When she was done shopping, guess who’s till she decides to go through? Yuup. Jasons’s.
The whole situation was very AWKWARD!!

-Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment