Sunday, February 13, 2011

Awkward Moment Fourteen: Seeing Teachers in Public

This is extremely awkward. When you see a teacher in public you almost forget that teachers are human beings that actually have a life. I am under the impression that teachers only work. That is the only thing they do. They go to school, teach, and mark homework. They are not allowed to do anything else. So whenever I see a teacher out of school I am shocked out of my mind! And I am excessively awkward. More awkward then seeing an acquaintance from school.
This weekend I was at the mall with my mom and grandmother. We went to a town that's about one hour from my real town so I knew I would not see anyone I know. I was feeling rather thirsty so we went to Starbucks to quench my thirst. The line up was remarkably long. As we reached the top I was looking the display cabinet and I turn around to see a teacher from my school, who I had in grade 8, standing in the line up. I quickly turn around, not knowing what to do with myself. My mom asks me if I know that man because he is smiling at her. I couldn't exactly turn around now because I wanted to be stealth. I walk over to get my drink, avoiding eye contact. I felt really bad though because I knew he saw me look. So I glace up and he is staring at me so I wave. Not a normal wave though. An awkward one. A Flora Wave. If you knew Flora then you would know exactly what I was talking about! Anyways the situation was completely AWKWARD!

-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment