Saturday, February 5, 2011

Awkward Moment Six: When you're walking down the street and your umbrella goes inside out!

I hate when this happens! It's not so bad if you are walking down a quite road with no cars, but if is a super busy road, it can lead to some awkward moments. The other day I was walking to meet Millie to go out for breakfast. It was pouring rain and the wind started to blow. I just continued walking down my quiet street, unaffected by the wind. But then I reached the highway, and it starts storming! It was almost like the wind had something against me. By now my umbrella was pulling out of my hands. I thought I was going to be like Mary Poppins and start flying in the air. Just when I get to the busiest part of the road my umbrella goes inside out! I quickly close my umbrella and decide to wear my hood. I am standing at the corner, waiting to cross the street, and silly me decides to put my umbrella up once again because now I am soaking wet. As I try to open it a big gust of wind comes, causing my umbrella to flip inside out and breaks it. I continue to open it. Why you may ask? Who knows! I should have just left it and saved myself the awkwardness and embarrassment. As I try to open it I look to my right and see someone from my school in their nice dry car watching me, all wet and looking like a crazy person. AWKWARD!


- Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment