Thursday, February 17, 2011

Awkward Moment Eighteen: Planes

Planes are extremely awkward! Especially when you have to go to the bathroom. First you have to awkwardly get up and politely ask the person next to you to move. While doing this you try ever so carefully not to land 'gracefully' in their lap. Second you have to have the right timing. You need to make sure the stewardesses are not in the isle with the big carts that take up the whole width. You also need to go when their is no line up. So you are not awkwardly standing there getting in every ones way. Lastly, the trek back to your isle. Sometime you walk past it in confusion. People are staring at you and you are once again the annoying one getting in every ones way.

Last spring break was my first ever plane ride! All is going well until I decide to guzzle a vitamin water plus the free drinks they give you on the plane. This causing me to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. It wasn't so bad because my mom was beside my. First I have to wait in a line up and numerous people are trying to get through and I am confused and awkward. Next I see the huge stinkin' cart coming straight towards me. So now I am trying to make room for this thing to get through, casually falling onto the person in the rows lap. You heard me right lap. I was so incredibly awkward I didn't even know how to react. Finally its my turn to go to the bathroom. After I am done, I leave the bathroom and see and even longer line up than before. I walk to the end of the line up and look around spaztically for my parents. I am whipping my head around looking for them. Because you know they could of jumped off the plane or something. I finally spot them... halfway down the line up. So I once again have to be 'that person' and make my way up the isle. Let me tell you the isles can only fit one person. The whole time my mom was laughing at me. It was all just too AWKWARD!

-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment