Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Awkward Moment Seventeen: Bus Stops!

I don’t have a particular story about bus stops, I just find them ridiculously awkward. I have to take the bus to school everyday. Everyday, I wait, standing awkwardly, for the bus to come. For some reason I feel the need to leave 10 minutes before the bus comes, when I live about 30 seconds away from the bus stop. Why? I don’t know, I’m paranoid. So I stand there by myself on a busy road. There are always tons of cars passing. I must looked so thrilled…. I mean I love waiting! Anyways, I always see the same people, and the same cars. First, there are the people who go to my school who can drive themselves. They are the worst. I get the stare down from them. Then there are the creepy men. Actually, they are tied with being the worst. I can see them staring. It’s not like they have tinted windows, yet they continue to eye me. I can feel my face flush, and look like a complete idiot trying to look everywhere besides the creepy man car. It doesn’t help when they honk. Then when I finally see the bus coming I have to check my ticket to make sure it’s not used, although I’ve already checked 10 times while waiting for it. Also, I don’t know where to look! Do I stare at the bus while its driving up the road? Do I look around and just wait? Should I look forward and pretend I don’t see it until it gets closer? I tend to do all three so it looks like I have some weird twitch going on. When I finally get on it seems like everyone is avoiding eye contact. No one talks, it’s odd. It’s especially fun when the driver starts to drive before you are sitting down. I usually stumble and smile to myself. People must think I’m nuts. Oh well!
Even though I have taken the bus numerous time, I still find the situation extremely AWKWARD!

-Georgie!

No comments:

Post a Comment