Friday, February 4, 2011

Awkward Moment Five: Hot tubs.

I don’t know about you guys, but I feel quite awkward while sitting in a full hot tub. Maybe it’s just because I’m socially awkward, but I do not know what to do with myself. Everywhere I look, a strangers face is staring back at me. Ugh, it make me so uncomfortable! I sit there in silence, not wanting to draw any attention to myself. Anyone know this feeling?


     Every year my family and I go away in the summer. One day my grandma, my sister and I were sitting in the hot tub. It was getting close to the maximum capacity of like 15 people. Everyone was minding their own business when all of the sudden my grandma said, “Well this is fun. All these strangers not talking but sitting half naked together in a hot tub!” I was in shock. I couldn’t believe she had just said that! There were a few quiet giggles, but I think everyone was a little grossed out. Personally, it left me feeling mortified, and super awkward!
-Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment