Friday, February 11, 2011

Awkward Moment Twelve: Accidently taking someone elses clothes

I just want to start out by saying, thank god that I no longer have gym class. Those smelly,awkward, embarassing days of tripping and accidently kicking people in soccer are over.The unfortunate sweat and gymclothes. The unfortunate sweat and gym clothes that the guys in p.e class have to see. The unfortunate sweaty guys that I have to see(or smell). It's just not good and it is the perfect place for awkward moments to occur. The changeroom is an excellent place for awkward moments. I am not exactly a prude but I still feel a little awkward when I have to full on strip down to my bra and panties in front of girls I don't really know. It might be a little immature of me but I feel uncomfortable. Where do you look in the changeroom? I mean, there isn't anywhere to look except down or at my clothes so I used to just grab my clothes and get dressed at light speed and think to myself "no one is looking, calm yourself". That was pretty much the story of my life for every gym class until one day. I'd just had an unfortunately awkward day of p.e where I had to make up a dance with a group and I had to line dance to "Beat it. I had to do the thriller zombie hand dance thing to and it was infront of all three p.e classes in that block.Sometimes I wonder if teachers just do things like that for entertainment. They probably do (I'd do the same thing if I was a teacher). Anyway, so I was still recovering when I went into the changeroom and grabbed my clothes and practically ran into a bathroom stall. That's when I heard "Hey! those are MY clothes. What are you doing?" And so with my shirt half off I looked down and realized they weren't my clothes they were just similar colours. I opened the door, there was that awkward moment of having to laugh and be like ' oh my god, haha I am such a cluts haha!' then I gave them to her and apologized and she said it was okay but OH MY GOD! It was such a painfully awkward moment that it was funny and it almost cheered me up, except it didn't. Because it was really, really awkward.
- Flora

No comments:

Post a Comment