Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Awkward Moment Thirty: Umbrella's

Maybe it is just me but I think umbrella's extremely awkward. I know I have already done a blog post of umbrellas in the wind but I decided a whole post needs to be dedicated to umbrella's. Umbrella's themselves are not particularly awkward but they do cause a heak of a lot of awkward moments.
1. They like to flip inside out (which I have already discussed)
2. They have problems opening
3. They have problems closing
4. They sometimes do no stay closed
5. When they are wet they could cause awkward wet marks on your pants, particularly in the crotch/ butt area.
6. If they are broken you could poke someones eye out which would be extremely awkward.

Well a couple weeks ago I was walking to the bus and it was pouring rain. My old, nice umbrella that I loved, broke! Guess where? In the wind storm from my last umbrella post!! So I was using this umbrella that is rusting and broken. I have my bus ticket in my hand and my binder and 4 textbooks in my arms. I usually put 2 textbooks in my binder so they are not falling but I didn't today because I thought I could handle it. Apparently not! As I get to the bus stop I see the bus coming. I waited until the bus was about 1 minute away and then tried to close my umbrella. Key word tried! I am struggling to close my umbrella, books falling, when I decide to ask the guy standing at the bus stop. He is about 3 years younger than me. I quietly say excuse me. Too bad he has his music blasting in his ears so it looks like I am talking to myself. The bus finally comes and I am still standing there hunched over like The Hunchback of Notre Dame, struggling to hold my books, while getting soaking wet. I finally get it closed when it pops back open. I try a couple more times, while the bus driver is waiting for me, looking annoyed. I finally close it and go onto the bus. By this time my hands are shaking and I have issues putting my bus pass into the holder. The umbrella is getting me soaking wet and books and pretty much on the ground. The bus driver drives and if you know me I cannot for the life of me walk on buses. So I am falling all over the place making a complete fool out of myself. Georgie is just sitting there laughing. So AWKWARD!

-Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment