Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Awkward Moment Thirty Five: Walking down the hallway and laughing to yourself

Could my life be just a teensy bit more awkward? I really don't think it's awkward enough! I hate those moments when you're walking or sitting by yourself and something is just so hilarious that you can't even control it so you start laughing maniacally and all of the sane and innocent bystanders think you are an absolute lunatic. Gosh, those poor people are all within the realm of crazy. There is no getting out! You have witnessed the awkward now you must experience it for yourself! Just kidding. You can keep your sanity. No one needs to be awkward, that's what we're here for.

Today, I was walking down the hallway, thinking dolefully about the awkward blog and how I would love to go post on it, when this strange thought popped into my head. I was thinking of "Alcohol Annonymous" meetings and how they all introduce themselves and explain their problems but in my head it was "Awkward Anonymous" and I was introducing myself saying "Hi, my name is Millie and I am an awkward kid." And in unison the room replies "Hello Millie." And for some reason it sent me into hysterics! It started out as a light giggle, but the more I thought about it the more I needed to laugh. I was biting the sides of my cheeks trying to hold it in, but I just couldn't do it. So I was full on grinning from ear to ear and shaking with silent laughter while strolling- no not strolling, practically running-down the hallway to get to my class. I wasn't even close to being late but I figured the sooner I got to my class where my friends would be sitting, the sooner I could resume my status as a normal person who is just casually chuckling amongst friends. I turn the corner, take a flying leap into the class only to see two empty chairs where my friends should have been. I was so prepared to start rolling around on the floor laughing, when they weren't even there! Bloody hell! I just need to get this laugh out, and I need to get it out NOW! People are starting to stare. AWKWARD!

-Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment