Friday, March 4, 2011

Awkward Moment Thirty Three: School Games

So, this shouldn’t be awkward. Well for most people it isn’t, but for the four of us, school games and events are super awkward. Wednesday was not a good day for us. The whole Kit situation happened just before our schools dodge ball tournament. After going on our 10 km walk, we decided to stay and watch the dodge ball tournament. We knew a couple of people on our schools team, so we thought it would be fun to watch. Boy were we wrong! Our schools team had about 25 of their friends there to cheer them on. They are all super outgoing, loud, and close to each other. When the four of us walked in, we stood awkwardly in front of the bleachers trying to decide where to sit. Finally, we chose seats about halfway up the bleachers; not too close to the 25 intimidating people. Before the game started, our team decided it would be fun to do the wave. It’s a normal thing to do at a game. I don’t know how Millie, Flora, or Mia felt, but I felt sooooo awkward. I sat there and pretended I didn’t know what was going on, and that I was in the middle of a deep conversation with Millie! I heard a couple of them shout “You have no school spirit” or something along those lines. And once again, I pretended I didn’t know what was going on. Why did I not join in? That my friend is a very good question. I have not stopped asking myself that since the incident. Now I am traumatized, and everyone thinks we’re losers. AWKWARD!

-Georgie

No comments:

Post a Comment