Thursday, April 7, 2011

Awkward Moment Forty One: Attractive Waiters

So, I went to The Keg for dinner with my parents and sister the other night. I was not very happy about it because it’s a nice place, and we had just gotten back from a trip. I hadn’t showered that morning, I showered the night before, but my hair reeked like chlorine! I’m not kidding, I think I showered 5 times scrubbing my head with baking powder before it went away. Anyways I didn’t look the nicest, wearing tennis sneakers, jean capris and a cardigan while everyone else was in heels and fancy dresses. So we sit down, got comfortable when all the sudden the waiter comes. Whoa. He was cute. Not to mention probably in his mid-late 20’s. I tried to act normally, believe me I really did try. But, his personality and amazing waiter skills were not helping the situation. He was really good; super friendly and funny. He knelt down right beside you when you ordered, and gave his opinion. AND HE KEPT SMILING AT ME! Like, more than normal…maybe it was in my head, but I’m pretty sure he kept smirking at me. Then he left our table and my mum says, “He is CUTE! You should get a job here, then you would have boyfriends!” I was already feeling awkward to begin with, but then every time he came to our table I felt like I couldn’t even look at him because …. I don’t know why, I was feeling uncomfortable. When I finally did look up, he flashed that smile! Ugggh. SO AWKWARD! It wasn't even an awkward moment I could laugh about after either, it was an inner awkward moment! Those are the worst! AWKWARD!

-Georgie 

No comments:

Post a Comment